Thinking as a duty

Topic Details and Replies

• Michal 2 years ago

It occurred to me this morning how the words of Aleinu takes us through a process of serving Hashem at our highest through thinking and undoing forgetfulness of from Whom we have derived all our power from.

It is upon us to do a process of “Lishabeiach Laadon Hakol”  for praise, or seeing the profitability to The Master of All. 

How?  To ascribe greatness to The One that Formed “B’Reisheet“,  which is also Wisdom or Yirat Hashem. 

I understand therefore, that every time I take the time to process my life a process of “Lishabeiach Laadon Hakol”  for praise, or seeing the profitability to The Master of All,

1. It is an act of Yiras Hashem

2. It addresses the disconnecting thoughts to Hashem of:   “And you say to yourselves, “My own power and the might of my own hand have won this wealth for me.” (Devarim, 8:17) 

The process of kneeling and bowing before the Melech Malchei Hamilachim,  is when we process and think about our actions, our Mitzvot, our situations until we can connect what we are doing to Hakadosh Baruch Hu.

I am triggering a Din V’cheshbon , standing before Melech Malchei Hamilachim Hakadosh Baruch Hu!

How perfect is this Tefillah in getting ready before Rosh Hashana for the new year.

This insight was triggered by the words of the Ramchal in “Derech Etz Hachaim” in which he says in is an obligation to think, and contemplate and use ones intellect to attach to Hashem.

The Ramchal also teaches that the only wisdom is Yiras Hashem (Messilas Yesharim)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PIP WIX Home Forums Tefillah strategies Thinking as a duty

• You must be logged in to create new topics.