Ruach HaKodesh

Topic Details and Replies

• Margalit Cooper 1 year ago

In this past week’s Haftorah, Yeshayahu 50, 4 we learn from Rashi that Ruach HaKodesh gives us the capacity to hear:

אֲדֹנָ֣י ה’ נָ֤תַן לִי֙ לְשׁ֣וֹן לִמּוּדִ֔ים לָדַ֛עַת לָע֥וּת אֶת־יָעֵ֖ף דָּבָ֑ר יָעִ֣יר ׀ בַּבֹּ֣קֶר בַּבֹּ֗קֶר יָעִ֥יר לִי֙ אֹ֔זֶן לִשְׁמֹ֖עַ כַּלִּמּוּדִֽים׃

The Lord G-D gave me a skilled tongue, To know how to speak timely words to the weary.-

In the morning, He awakens my ear like someone who is learning, that Torah which is specific to that person.

Rashi explains on the words ויעיר לי אזן. He awakens my ear that Hashem awakens my ear with Ruach HaKodesh.

At Har Sinai, when we overslept, the Shofar woke us up- עוּרוּ יְשֵׁנִים מִשְּׁנַתְכֶם so that each one of us could hear the specific Torah meant for us.  (Rambam)

If Hashem is Shomeah Tefillah, is the One who listens to our prayers, and Hashem also puts Ruach HaKodesh in our ears, perhaps we can say that Ruach HaKodesh – is Hashem’s Tefillah for us. Hashem grants us a gift, His Tefillah for us, His specific Torah meant for each one of us.

(based on HaRav Simcha L. Weinberg, n”y, Tehillim Chaburah on Perek 122)

May we be zoche to see and know that Hashem truly hears our prayers, and furthermore, may we see and know Hashem’s prayers for us, the specific Torah meant for us, and hear this special gift of Ruach Hakodesh which Hashem places in our ears.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PIP WIX Home Forums Tehillim Ruach HaKodesh

• You must be logged in to create new topics.