Vanquishing  the words of the enemies

Topic Details and Replies

• Partners in Prayer 3 months ago

I think that we can learn from David Hamelech, our Master Rebbie, how to use the very situation when we are targets of evil speech, false accusations, from even people who said they were our friends as an opportunity of victory.  

This is what David Hamelech tells Hashem in Tehillim 27:

אַל־תִּתְּנֵנִי בְּנֶפֶשׁ צָרָי כִּי קָמוּ־בִי עֵדֵי־שֶׁקֶר וִיפֵחַ חָמָס

Do not give me over to the hands of my enemies, because they rose up against me as false witness and with speakers of evil.

לוּלֵא הֶאֱמַנְתִּי לִרְאוֹת בְּטוּב־יְהוָה בְּאֶרֶץ חַיִּים

Had I not the assurance that I would enjoy the best of Hashem, in the land of life.

I think that if “words” are being used against us to shake us up, we can use this as an opportunity for true victory as did David Hamelech.  Rashi Radak and Metzudas David teach us how David battled this issue.

Rashi explains:

“ If I had not had Emunah in the Holy One, blessed be He, those false witnesses would have already risen against me and destroyed me.”

Radak adds, that Dovid Hamelech did not allow himself to feel burdened or heavy by the words of Chamas, as he placed his Emunah in Hashem. 

Metzudas David says that David Hamelech relied on the WORDS of Hashem.

Rabbeinu Bachya in Kad Hakemech says that Emunah is a Mitzvah that is conditioned on the heart: One should have Emunah that there is A Creator, He is a Unity, He is Mashgiach in this world over humanity, for the general and the individual.

Baruch Hashem, we have a Master Rebbie, Adoneinu V’Rabeinu Dovid Hamelech to guide us especially now.  May we all be zoche to rely on Hashem, His Words, the teachings of Hashem’s Words and the Divine words taught by Chazal, so we can truly win; with a complete redemption without delay, biezras Hashem. 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PIP WIX Home Forums Tefillah strategies Vanquishing  the words of the enemies

• You must be logged in to create new topics.