The sweetest fragrance

Topic Details and Replies

• Michal 2 years ago

Korban Hatamid  (The Daily Offering)

“The Pasuk says, [1]וַיָּ֣רַח  ה֮ אֶת־רֵ֣יחַ הַנִּיחֹ֒חַ֒  of Noach.  when Noach left the teivah he gave a Karbon and HaShem smelled it. The Zohar Chadash says that when Noach left the Teiva ,  he opened his eyes,  and he saw an entire world was destroyed. He began to cry  over the world. HaShem created a magnificent creation and now it’s all destroyed. So he began to cry and he said, “Ribono Shel Olam!”

“Are You really going to destroy the world, because of the sins of people, or because there are so many idiots in the world?  If You  created the possibility to sin and if You created idiots, then you can’t destroy the world because of them. It’s either one or the other. Either you should just create and create and not create a human being . Or, don’t create a world. So in other words, I don’t even understand what You want from me. So he  began to give the Karbanos, and the tears of his tefillah to Hashem when he was saying it, went into the Karbanos.,  and it was that smell that went up to Hakadosh Baruch Hu.(רֵ֣יחַ הַנִּיחֹ֒חַ֒)

His “Tears mixed with Tefillah  was that which became sweet to Kavyachol.  And that’s why HaShem said, “ I will no longer destroy the world.  לֹֽא־אֹ֠סִ֠ף לְקַלֵּ֨ל ע֤וֹד אֶת־הָֽאֲדָמָה֙”  I’m granting you the ability to function without being worried that every time you make a mistake there’s a possibility that I would destroy my Briah,  in response.

Rebbi says that there were three smells that rose in front of Noach

• The fragrance of his Olah (karban)
      • The fragrance of his tefillah
      • The fragrance of his actions (meaning what he was trying to figure out at that time, about the meaning of his actions)

And there was no smell that ever arose in the world to give Hakadosh Baruch Hu such Nachas,  such as bringing Karbanos with Tefillah, that your actions are accompanied by a tefillah.

I use this as a Kavana by the morning prayer of Korbanos by  Korban Hatamid, “לְרֵֽיחַ נִיחֹֽחַ אִשֶּׁה לַה׳”.

• May I accompany my actions, my mitzvot with Tefillah so that it should be a רֵֽיחַ נִיחֹֽחַ , a sweet fragrance to Hashem, that brings Him Nachas.
      • May Hashem grant me this awareness as my constant (Tamid)”

Shared by Harav Simcha L Weinberg, n’’y

[1] Bereishit, 8:2

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PIP WIX Home Forums Mitzvot as Prayer Tools The sweetest fragrance

• You must be logged in to create new topics.