Rally of Unity

Topic Details and Replies

• Partners in Prayer 3 months ago

One of the things that was pointed out to me  is the beautiful unity of B’nei Yisrael represented in the rally.  When I read about it and saw how many diverse groups of Jews chose to unify at this moment in the common desire to protect Eretz Yisrael, to protect Klal Yisrael, crying for the release of the hostages, and against our enemies.

The Pri Tzadik  in his drasha on Rosh Chodesh Sivan teaches that the separation of hearts between people come about because no person has the identical thinking.  However when Hashem throws down so to speak the shefa of Emes to influence the earth then even people who have differences will have shalom; כאיש אחד בלב אחד.

Certain things became clear to us on October 7th, on Simchas Torah.  Certain difficult truths have been revealed to us all. We cannot have peace without truth.  We have had to deal with a world spewing untruths, but we know the truth.  I see it as a moment where Hashem actually has begun to reveal Himself, Emes.  He has “thrown down” the attribute of truth.  Truth leads to unity.  Unity leads to redemption.  Unity is what allows us to have Torat Emes.  Hashem waited until we were כאיש אחד בלב אחד,  give Klal Yisrael Torah.

When I saw how many different groups of Jews joined together in this moment;   I felt like a tefillah was appropriate as a response  to Hashem to celebrate the beauty of this moment.  To ask Hashem to protect us; our unity. And, for Him to help us be more aware and careful with how we treat each other individually.

I thought it would be wonderful to focus on  the pesukim referencing Emes (Listed below*) we find emphasis on, in the blessings after Shema in the morning prayers, leading to redemption, and also the prayers leading to salvation after the shema blessings in Maariv, to focus on.  May Hashem protect us, at this moment.  May we be zoche to elevate and expand the Emes gifted by Hashem Whose Name is Emes; to lead us to a world of Truth, a World of Good, a world redeemed, a world of shalom, a  world in which Hashem’s Yechudo, Unity is revealed; כאיש אחד בלב אחד.

We can also use the words of Shema, focusing on the world of Echad, while covering our eyes seeking protection of this Unity and of Klal Yisrael.  (suggested by Rebbetzin D Weinberg, n”y)

יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֵיכֶם֯ אֱ֯מֶת

Hashem Your Elokim is Emes

אֱמֶת אֱלֹהֵי עוֹלָם מַלְכֵּֽנוּ צוּר יַעֲקֹב מָגֵן יִשְׁעֵֽנוּ, לְדֹר וָדֹר הוּא קַיָּם וּשְׁמוֹ קַיָּם וְכִסְאוֹ נָכוֹן וּמַלְכוּתוֹ וֶאֱמוּנָתוֹ לָעַד קַיָּֽמֶת

It is true, that The Elokim of the Universe, is our King, the Stronghold of  Yaakov  is the Shield of our deliverance.

עַל־הָרִאשׁוֹנִים וְעַל־הָאַחֲרוֹנִים דָּבָר טוֹב וְקַיָּם לְעוֹלָם וָעֶד אֱמֶת וֶאֱמוּנָה חֹק וְלֹא יַעֲבֹר: אֱמֶת שָׁאַתָּה הוּא יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֵֽינוּ וֵאלֹהֵי אֲבוֹתֵֽינוּ.

Upon the first and upon the last, [generations] [it is] a matter that is good and everlasting. It is true and faithful, a Law that will never be abrogated. True, You are our Hashem, Elokeinu, and the Elokei of our fathers, our King, the King of our fathers, our Redeemer, Redeemer of our fathers, our Former, Rock of our deliverance; our Liberator and our Saver which is Your Name from old, and there is no Elokim besides You.

אֱמֶת אַתָּה הוּא אָדוֹן לְעַמֶּֽךָ וּמֶֽלֶךְ גִּבּוֹר לָרִיב רִיבָם: אֱמֶת אַתָּה הוּא רִאשׁוֹן וְאַתָּה הוּא אַחֲרוֹן וּמִבַּלְעָדֶֽיךָ אֵין לָֽנוּ מֶֽלֶךְ גּוֹאֵל וּמוֹשִֽׁיעַ

True, You are The Master of Your people and a mighty King to defend their cause. True, You are First and You are Last, and we have no king, redeemer, or deliverer besides You. You redeemed us from Egypt. Hashem, our Elokim, You liberated us from the house of bondage. You slew all their firstborn, and You redeemed Your firstborn,

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PIP WIX Home Forums Tefillah strategies Rally of Unity

• You must be logged in to create new topics.