New Conversations

Topic Details and Replies

• Partners in Prayer 3 months ago

I  was thinking about our Shemoneh Esrei tefillah and the parallels to our conversations of late after experiencing a series of some of the most intense  situations, such as Covid, the tragedy of Meron, Surfside, terror attacks in Eretz Yisrael, rising Anti- Semitism  and the most recent horrific acts upon us by our enemies, just a few weeks ago on October 7th and what has ensued since.

In the Shemoneh Esrei all of the brachos are stated in the plural even though we are engaging in a prayer to Hashem privately; in the most intimate stage of tefillah.

I have noticed a sense of genuine connection increasingly with people in ways that  are indescribable and truly God-like.  This is in terms of care of another, generosity of time, thoughtfulness, support in ways I could never have imagined and keep on seeing.  Thank You Hashem, for creating beautiful people!

When I see the efforts of people during these times, the love, the unity, in the most God-like of ways, I am often left with no words. I find the conversations of our Shuls and the different chat groups I belong to reflective of such beauty and unity. I have been noticing a phenomenon  in people of all ages, and backgrounds finding ways to help each other, to stand up , support our people, and fight for Eretz Yisrael in ways I have never seen before.    We are all part of each other, we all need each other. Each path has a purpose in the whole!  I believe we are davening for each other unconditionally with love, and it has become so real for many of us as these powerful events are unfolding.

I think this translates into a new type of conversation, one that reflects His Ways. Meaning it seems as if our conversations have gone through a process of healing, only possible with the Help of Hashem Who formed us in such a way that we can access His Wonderful Healing Powers!

Perhaps this is what it means when we are instructed to praise Hashem until it becomes our conversation with others; when our conversations and our tefillos become one.

שִֽׁירוּ־ל֭וֹ זַמְּרוּ־ל֑וֹ שִׂ֝֗יחוּ בְּכָל־נִפְלְאוֹתָֽיו, sing to Him with your mouth, make music to Him, make a conversation to others regarding His Wonders.[1]

[1] Based on Ebn Ezra, Tehillim 105:2

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PIP WIX Home Forums Tefillah inspiration New Conversations

• You must be logged in to create new topics.