My Beit HaMikdash is Leaving-A Kinah

Topic Details and Replies

• intomeaning 1 year ago

When I heard the news, I was devastated. It was a message from Hashem, “You screwed up.” I knew I did, and I had to accept the consequences. But how was I to live the same again? I tried to fix it, but my Beit Hamikdash kept slipping, I don’t want to let it go. I was entrenched in my mistakes, they were hurting me, attacking, making me sad. The walls of my heart breached, too painful to express, a silent pain. I had never felt the reality of וְהָאָ֗רֶץ הָיְתָ֥ה תֹ֙הוּ֙ וָבֹ֔הוּ וְחֹ֖שֶׁךְ עַל־פְּנֵ֣י תְה֑וֹם (the earth being unformed and void, with darkness over the surface of the deep) setting in so deeply and fiercely.

On my way home from work, the train got delayed. “Oh great, another great set of news,” I said to myself. I transferred to the local bus. After much waiting, I sat down and the bus started moving. I looked at the seats, the poles and then I smiled remembering all the trips on the bus to my Beit HaMikdash, the journeys, conversations, sacrifices. I felt so alive, all those moments still in the air-וְר֣וּחַ אֱלֹהִ֔ים מְרַחֶ֖פֶת עַל־פְּנֵ֥י הַמָּֽיִם (and the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters); the tears that ran down my face were accompanied by good moments hovering over them.

וַיֹּ֥אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֖ים יְהִ֣י א֑וֹר וַֽיְהִי־אֽוֹר (And God said let there be light and there was light). Master of the universe, take these salty tears, along with the salty tears of your nation, hover over them and turn them into a sea of light, so that we can rejoice in Your world recreated. Rebuild Your house, don’t let it slip away from us, not because we are deserving, but because you deserve to stop crying too.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PIP WIX Home Forums Tefillah inspiration My Beit HaMikdash is Leaving-A Kinah

• You must be logged in to create new topics.