Kedusha- Filterer of Anger

Topic Details and Replies

• Michal 2 years ago

I  learned the following concept from my Rebbie, Harav Simcha L. Weinberg, n’’y based on the Chida’s intention used in the steps of the Seder. 

“The Chida says to use every step of the Seder this way. When you announce”Kadesh” to have a Kavana or Tefillah that no anger should come during this step. Because you’re susceptible to anger. And part of the the miracle of Makos B’choros” is that Vilo Yiten Hamashchis Lavo” , there was no opportunity for the Mashchis to come into the house of the Jews. So you’re trying to protect yourself primarily against this Mashchis” who’s really fighting to get into the door.”

Filtering Anger, Rabbi S Weinberg, n”y

Rabbi Weinberg has taught that Kedusha is a filterer.  I was thinking about the state of the world. It seems as if every day there are violent expressions of anger daily in the current events. Almost as if this is normal.  

I was wondering, how  can we  address and purify the air of this situation so to speak ?  How can we use our davening to address?

Based on what Rabbi Weinberg taught, I think we can use and have this Kavana when we wash our hands in the morning, and say the blessing of Netilas Yadayim.  We acknowledge that Hashem, Himself sanctified us, so that We Can be filterers of destructive anger beginning with this Bracha and Mitzvah  of אֲשֶׁר קִדְּ֒שָֽׁנוּ בְּמִצְוֹתָיו וְצִוָּנוּ עַל נְטִילַת יָדָֽיִם. 

May we succeed in washing off the destructive anger in ourselves and in the world, and instead reveal the light of Hashem, for a redemption b’mhaira Biezras Hashem!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PIP WIX Home Forums Tefillah strategies Kedusha- Filterer of Anger

• You must be logged in to create new topics.