Conversation Starters, The Morning Blessings

Topic Details and Replies

• Michal 2 years ago

“I think of the morning brachot, blessings especially as conversation starters. There are books for people who are not good at socializing to teach people how to start a conversation with a stranger, as many people don’t know how to do it. I see the morning brachot as conversation starters, or instructions.” (Harav Simcha Leib Weinberg, n”y)

For example:

“Would you like to meet פּוֹקֵֽחַ עִוְרִים, The One Who gives sight to the blind ?” It is a reality.

“Would you like to meet Hashem as מַתִּיר אֲסוּרִים, Who releases the imprisoned?”  “Here, you met Him already”.  “Did I?”  “Yes”.  “You met Him when you sat up in bed!”

“Here.  Would you like to meet זוֹקֵף כְּפוּפִים, The One Who straightens the bent?”

“Of course!”  “ But, you have met Him previously!” “ I never met Him”.  “Sure you did, when you stood up!”

“Would you like to meet “רוֹקַע הָאָֽרֶץ עַל הַמָּֽיִם”?” “Oh, Him?  I did not meet Him”

“Sure, you did. When you walk, how often do you look to make sure there is not a hole in the floor? How often do you look to make sure the earth is still moving?  You take it for granted.  So, You have met The רוֹקַע הָאָֽרֶץ עַל הַמָּֽיִם many many times!”[1](Rabbi Simcha Leib Weinberg, n’’y)

May we all be zoche to appreciate and maximize the meetings we have with The Almighty more and more Biezraso!

[1] Machberes Avodas Hashem, generously shared by Harav Simcha Leib Weinberg, n’’y ,

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PIP WIX Home Forums Tefillah inspiration Conversation Starters, The Morning Blessings

• You must be logged in to create new topics.