Avos ; Eliyahu Hanavi, restoration of Captivity

Topic Details and Replies

• Partners in Prayer 3 months ago

It is not permissible as I understand to make personal requests in the first brachos of the Amidah, including the bracha of Avos. Approaching Hashem with joyful celebration, and praises of Him without making a specific request, seems as if we are saying Amein to Hashem’s Words, singing His Words,  and thereby speeding up the activation of  the words of our Siddur, of Anshei Knesset Hagedolah; and in the bracha of Avos, I believe this includes the promise made to us by the Navi, Michah about the restoration of fathers hearts to children hearts through Eliyahu Hanavi.

As it says:  וְהֵשִׁיב לֵב־אָבוֹת עַל־בָּנִים וְלֵב בָּנִים עַל־אֲבוֹתָם פֶּן־אָבוֹא וְהִכֵּיתִי אֶת־הָאָרֶץ חֵרֶם[1]He shall reconcile parents with children and children with their parents, so that, when I come, I will not strike the whole land with utter destruction.

I think that we can use the bracha to approach Hashem as a celebration of Hashem’s promise of restoring the hearts of fathers to the hearts of children, and all those who are in some form of captivity, requiring restoration through Eliyahu Hanavi; ultimately to Avinu Shebashamayim.

Rebbie, n’’y, taught the following Kavana based on the Mabat which I see as a beautiful way for us to “give good news to Hashem” so to speak; of וְהֵשִׁיב לֵב־אָבוֹת עַל־בָּנִים וְלֵב בָּנִים עַל־אֲבוֹתָם

In the Brachos of Avos we say the the following words: בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה ה׳ אֱלֹקֵינוּ וֵאלֹקֵי אֲבוֹתֵֽינוּ אֱלֹקֵי אַבְרָהָם אֱלֹקֵי יִצְחָק וֵאלֹקֵי יַעֲקֹב , Blessed are You, Hashem, Elokeinu, and The Elokei of our fathers, Elokei Avraham, Elokei Yitzchak, and Elokei Yaakov.

Q: “Whom do we mean when we say Elokei Avoseinu?

There are all the generations of our parents,  and then there are Avoseinu,  of Avraham, Yitzchak and Yaakov.

The Mabit says to choose the ancestor to whom you identify most with at that time, choose the ancestor who fills you will love. Choose the Avoseinu who inspires you and says: Be who you are. Some days it could be Avraham, Yitzchak, or Yaakov. Or, sometimes it can be one parent, or grandparent, just one person in your family’s history. “

May we use this to expedite good news from Eliyahu Hanavi, and a world of Tov, of Mashiach.

[1] Malachi, 3:24

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

PIP WIX Home Forums Tefillah strategies Avos ; Eliyahu Hanavi, restoration of Captivity

• You must be logged in to create new topics.